Tipperary Mini Marathon Women’s Virtual 10k
Friday, 24 September 2021 23:01
Road Race, Fun Run, Walk
Tipperary Mini Marathon Women’s Virtual 10k will take place over the weekend 25th-26th September 2021. The Mini Marathon aims to provide an opportunity for females to participate in a female only event and is open to walkers, joggers and runners of all abilities over the age of 18. This year the event is part of the European Week of Sport.
This year’s event will be a free virtual event which will allow participants to pick their own 10k route. There is a charitable donation of €200 to the largest group that are raising funds for charitable causes. All participants will receive a race medallion once they register online.
In order to receive their event medallion and souvenir, participants will be asked to submit ???
Instructions for Participants:
- PLAN YOUR ROUTE
Before your begin your 10k, it is important you plan the route you will take and when. When planning your 10k route considering the following
- Running/walking at a time when you are less likely to meet people or when footpaths and parks will be busiest.
- The condition of the surface, we recommend you walk/run on pathways and foot walks or on pathways within public parks, and not to run/walk on roads.
- Completing the event on a familiar route.
- Check the weather forecast and check met Eireann for any weather warnings. Please wear clothing appropriate to the weather conditions.
- WARM UP
It is recommended that you complete a warm up before you start your 10k. Your warm up should include some light jogging/walking and stretching. It is vitally important to warm up the working muscles especially if the weather is cool.
Please ensure that you are hydrated before your 10k you can also carry water bottle with you. Alternatively you can plan your route to pass you house and stop for a water stop.
- COVID 19 GUIDELINES
It is important that you adhere to all guidelines set out by the Dept of Health regarding exercise and social distancing. Please see www.hse.ie for the latest advice.
- HEALTH WARNING
Moderate physical activity is safe for most people, it is advised that you talk to your doctor before your start any exercise if you currently have any medical conditions.
After your Virtual event.
- Proof of time and distance must be submitted via our online portal once the 10k is completed in order to receive the race medallion, which will be posted out to you in the post.
- Proof of time and distance can only be submitted once.