Our XC Secretary Greg Duggan, is working very hard to secure venues so that we have the ability to have a championship this year. It is by no means certain that venues can be secured, but at least a couple of possibilities have emerged that are being worked on. Again, if anyone has a venue to put forward please reach out to Greg on email@example.com
Secondly, compliance with Covid regulations has required some difficult decisions to limit numbers in races and to limit overall numbers on the course. The main decisions being -
- There will not be any club competition this year for U11-U19 races, no club entries nor indivdual entries.
- There will only be a maximum of 8 athletes allowed to enter from each county in U11-U19 races.
- There will not be any U10 non-championship race.
- There will not be any spectators allowed into the course.
- Juvenile athletes will be entitled to be accompanied by one parent only.
Points 1 and 2 above were difficult decisions, but had to be taken. It will be up to County Boards to determine the 8 athletes that will be entered from each County for the Juvenile Races.
There will be Open, Club & County entry for the Juniors, Novice & Seniors XC Races.
AAI we only be taking the top 15 through to Nationals and there will be no bypass entries for U17-U19 through to Nationals for this year.
The scheduled event dates are as follows -
24th October - U12, U14, U16
25th October - U18, Junior, Novice
7th November - U11. U13, U15
8th November - U17, U19, Seniors
The first race each day will be at the earlier time of 10:00am and there will be reasonable time gaps between each race.
More specific information will be provided over the next week or two regarding such matters as Covid compliance, entry process etc.
We hope that everyone appreciates that matters countrywide are very fluid so we ask your understanding and co-operation in these most exceptional times.